Monday, May 31, 2010

Unsung Hero.....

I do hope everyone had the most enjoyable holiday weekend and took the time to spend it with family and friends. It was a beautiful day here on Long Island, as a matter of fact mother nature cooperated for the entire weekend! 
My husband is golfing this weekend so Mom and I started the day attending the Memorial Day Parade mainly because my granddaughter was this year's Poppy Girl and was marching with her Grandfather. He is a member of the American Legion Post in Lindenhurst.  
It was very emotional to watch the parade and I was bursting with pride at the site of the American Flags. Please take the time to honor the men and women who serve our country and most especially to those that died fighting for our freedom.
Naturally there were speeches given by the local politicians thanking all who served and died and those that never came home to America and are buried in foreign cemeteries.  I  thought of James McCormick who served our country in the Army with the 108th Infantry during WW1. Sadly he died October 30,1918 and is buried in England.
Some of you already know I love to scrapbook, so in his honor I created this page. The letter is written by James to his brother Patrick.  I have posted copies of the letters in the photo gallery and will be adding and updating photos this week!!!


Have a wonderful day!
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment